UNC Charlotte’s Multicultural Resource Center seeks to create an environment that celebrates and recognizes difference through programs, advocacy, education, and engagement with community.
By participating in programs and events through the Multicultural Resource Center, students will learn about self, learn about others, and engage in social justice opportunities.
By participating in programs and events through the Multicultural Resource Center, students will:
- Learn about self
- Demonstrate their self-value/self-esteem
- Express that one’s identity exists on a spectrum that allows for multiple expressions of that identity
- Articulate how the intersectionality of one’s own identity plays out in their lives
- Learn about others
- Express that other’s identities exists on a spectrum that allows for multiple expressions of those identities
- Articulate the basic concepts of intersectionality on others’ identities
- Engage in social justice opportunities
- Define one’s own agency in making positive social change in one’s environment for personal empowerment and the empowerment of others
What We Do
- Community Engagement